Monday, October 17, 2005

88 Years

I have never been to Comiskey Park old or new.

I can't remember when I started to follow them.

I couldn't tell you any names from the Go-Go Sox.

But I am a Chicago White Sox fan. I love this team, and it started for me somewhere in the early nineties. Teams that featured great players like Carlton Fisk, Bo Jackson, and an emerging Frank Thomas. I loved the fast and speedy guys...guys like Joey Cora, Darrin Jackson, Tim Raines, and Ozzie Guillen. I loved the power...Frank, Harold Baines.

That is why it feels so good to watch the White Sox headed to the World Series. The team is coached by a large contingent of former players, guys that I remember watching on the field. I love the team now, a team that everyone doubted when they lost Magglio, and Carlos Lee. I love the management of Ken Williams and Jerry Reinsdorf. I love the fire of Guillen as manager and the eccentricities he displays.

I am super pumped for the White Sox vs. whoever series. I do believe in the bad karma of the past (1919 Black Sox). So, this week, since I live in Iowa...I will take a trip to the Field of Dreams, go to left field, and pray to Shoeless Joe Jackson for a reprieve of our curse and a World Series win.

A little divine help can't hurt....

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I get a ride on the bandwagon, too?

HA!

2:15 PM  
Blogger Roberto Iza Valdés said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:08 AM  
Blogger Roberto Iza Valdés said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home