Wednesday, February 16, 2005

The Blah Life

Not sure what to blog this week so much...lots has been going on in my life, but it has been hard to stay positive about a lot of it.

Let's talk about something that is positive. Baby things are going well, Mrs. IWG has been a trooper and we have had two showers now. The nursery is complete and the drawers are filling up with blankets, clothes, and other assundries. Three short weeks left of our first pregnancy and it seems like the time has flown by. We are both ready to see our son, but I think we will both miss the good times of being pregnant and sharing this experience.

I lost a staff member in my building this past week which always makes me sad. I am someone that really invests a large piece of my soul in the folks that I work with, and any time someone leaves prematurely I feel like part of my soul is gone. I also really feel like I have failed that staff member in a sense. I feel badly for the rest of my staff as they lose someone that they have shared special memories with, and I worry about the residents who have lost a great RA and someone that was there first college contact. Whenever I lose a staff member I also tend to very worried about the rest of my staff and tend to overanalyze their behaviors and situations. I also tend to get a big guilt trip that I have not been doing enough to help my staff be successful.

Illinois basketball keeps plugging along, but I have given up my quest for Final Four tickets do to another commitment I have during the weekend. If Illinois actually makes it, I may smash my face against my TV to try and get the live experience!!

I feel the need to pick up my posting, and I hope to do so soon, before the young one gets here. Social Security, the middle east, Dean as chairman, and faith and values are all up my craw right now.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey there, good friend. i just read your blog after several weeks of being neglegent....sorry to hear that things have been rough this week. hang in there!!

i'm also super excited about your baby. the photo you sent was excellent and erin makes a beautiful pregnant woman. she makes it look like fun!

i'll try to get in touch with you soon, but until then, have merry days and enjoy your wine. hello to erin and baby (to be). hugs, julie

4:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You said "assundries."

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home