Tuesday, February 08, 2005

The Quest for Final Four Tickets

I am on a quest. A quest whose potential prize could be watching the undefeated Fighting Illini playing for their first National Championship ever.

Last March during the NCAA tourney Mrs. IWG and I contemplated submitting a Final Four Ticket application since we knew it would be in St. Louis and we knew that Illinois would have a good team and an outside shot at going to the Final Four. We thought even if Illinois did not go, we could sell the tickets for a nice profit. However, at that time, we had been talking about getting pregnant and knew that our target due date would be near basketball season, plus we were not in a financial position to put a large block of money on our credit cards.

Fast forward to the present. Illinois looks like a juggernaut and they may make it to the Final Four. Now, I have financial means of getting tickets and am wanting to go no matter who makes the field. The baby is due March 8th, which is probably going to give me time to be with Mrs. IWG and then leave for the Apr. 2 and 4th games.

So, I am questing for tickets and keeping a close eye on Ebay. The problem is, I really don't want to shell out $900 -$1000 on my own. I would like to split it with someone and go to the game with them. My usual sources are tapped out. DJ Timmy in Champaign just bought a new house...no extra loot. Wisconsin Rob moved to Colorado, thus becoming Rocky Mountain Rob. My brothers are both in college...not able to make a big contribution, but more than happy to go with me if I have an extra ticket! So, I watch the Ebay ticket section religiously, waiting for one pair of tickets, that are already in the rafters, to sneak by at a low price so I can snatch them up! So far the quest has been a failure, as tickets repeatedly go higher than I expect...but I will have my Final Four tickets! I promise you! More updates to come....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home