Monday, February 14, 2005

The Grammy's Are Dumb

Okay, so this award has turned from a music honor into just a farce of an award. Don't get me wrong, I think Ray Charles was an amazing musician, a pioneer who produced incredible material. However, his last album before his death was not anywhere near the greatest work he has done. The six awards he won are a nice tribute, but seriously, he is dead, he does not care. Plus, it was just over the top! Everyone knows he is a fantastic musician, the six posthumous awards did not cement his status as a legend.

The Grammy's continue to follow a bizarre trend that seems to favor very established acts winning multiple awards in the twilight of their careers. I love classic musicians as well, but they are not always producing the best music of the year. I was glad to see Maroon 5 win, I like them a lot, but I don't think they were the best new artist.

The Grammy's are outdated and dumb. They fail to cross genres and are just dumb....BLAH!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home