Thursday, January 20, 2005

There can be only One!

I am getting excited for the Illini game tonight because it is the first chance they will have to lock up with a decent opponent since they laid the wood to the Bearcats in Las Vegas. Illinois is off to a 4-0 start in the Big Ten as it gets ready to hit it's difficult stretch of Big Ten games. Tonight they play Iowa at home, then Wisconsin on the road (where the Badgers have won 38 in a row), home against Minnesota for the 100 years of Illini B-ball celebration (guaranteed win!), on the road at Michigan State, at home against a rising Indiana, on the road at Michigan, and then hosting Wisconsin at Assembly Hall. This is a seven game test of wills...if this team is going to lose in the Big Ten, it will happen somewhere in this seven game stretch. If, on the other hand, they can pull through this seven game stretch undefeated, I see a clear run with no losses to the Big Ten tourney...although a tough test in Iowa City is on the schedule. I am hesitant to predict that because it will be very hard to win at the Kohl Center or at the Breslin Center. I do think that this team has the talent to win all of these games, and they should make for great viewing!

Tonights game is special, because I hate the Hawkeyes. I loathed them for the longest time before I moved to Iowa, but ever since I have been here I hate them even more. Steve Alford and his crew of crooks has no respect for anyone. I watched Iowa get pummeled by Northern Iowa in the UNI Dome last year after Alford had the nerve to suggest UNI was an inferior opponent keeping Iowa from playing higher quality teams. So, let's all root for a royal rout of the evil that is the Hawkeyes!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home