Monday, August 30, 2004

By a Nose....

This election really feels like a horserace going down to the stretch. There have been so many polls that will point you in a million different directions. I am not sure what to make of polls, so I am going to conduct my own. It is an easy poll, so you can play along at home. Ask people who they voted for in 2000. Then ask people who they plan to vote for in 2004. I am guessing that there are more people that voted for Bush in 2000 and will be voting for Kerry this time, than people that voted for Gore last time will vote for Bush this time. This may hold the key to the election. Keep track as you talk to people, it could be a huge barometer of how things will turn out.

I was shocked and inspired by the demonstrations at the convention yesterday. Inspired because so many care to make a statement. I was shocked to find out it was the largest demonstration at a convention...not even the 60's could compare...crazy. However, I suspect it is the location. If the Dems had picked a place like central Alabama to hold their convention, they would have churned out quite a few protestors!

Okay, this week is big with the GOP convention. This week I will write about GOP moderates vs. THE GOP, a dissection of Bush's speech, and a nice article on why Bush is still in this race at all. Stay tuned and have a great day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home