Monday, January 03, 2005

Iowawineguy is back! Bigger, Longer, and Uncut!!

It feels good to be back in the blogosphere. I did enjoy some free time during the holiday season, but I feel like I have so much I want to get on the blog...be patient as I update through the next few weeks!

I had a great break. One of the reasons that I love working on campus is that you get to have the breaks that the students have, as long as you are willing to give up some vacation time. Mrs. IWG and I went home to Central Illinois for about 10 days over this break. To say the time spent was special would be an understatement. Ususally when we are at home, my two brothers and I are busy visiting many friends and zipping about all over the place. This year was different. We literally spent nearly every day together, playing Mario Kart, going to see movies, just talking, and hanging out. My mom was also around as well. The time spent was so special because it does not happen very often, and I think we all realized that this would be the last time we would all have together before Baby T got here and changed some of the dynamics of our family. It truly was an amazingly blessed time.

We also got to go to Indy to see my dad, went to visit my grandparents and family, went to see Mrs. IWG's grandparents, and made it to Champaign to see some friends and soak in all of the Illini goodness of that city!

I enjoyed several bottles of great wine over the break, and managed to bring a couple home as well. If you ever get the chance to visit Friar Tuck's in Champaign, I highly recommend you do...just make sure you have a large stack of dollar bills with you!

We managed to avoid the bad weather that hit Indiana, and we got back to Iowa right before we were covered in a sheet of ice. Now the forecast is calling for 4-8 inches of snow on top of the ice! Good old Iowa weather...at least the wind is not howling out of the North lands!!!

It is good to be back and now I am trying to get prepared for training my RA staff and getting the building reopened. More posts to follow, including my take on all of the movies I saw over break, happiness over the Illini, and the mysterious drama over the annual Iowawineguy Xmas letter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home