Monday, October 11, 2004

Baby Freakout #1

I had my first baby reality check today!

An old colleague of mine, Yort the Viking was in town for this past weekend's Homecoming activities. He and his wife have a 9 week old son. They swung by my office to say hello and congratulate me on my impeding birth. I got to hold the young Viking child and pondered the beauty of a small child before it grows up and gets extensive facial hair, deep voice, and desire to sail the seas.

The baby started crying and I was able to hand him back to Yort. After they left I got to thinking that I do not exactly know how to quiet a screaming baby. I also thought that when my child was here and started crying, I would not be able to hand it off to anyone. Small panic attack. First of many I am sure. Mrs. IWG was able to talk me down and now I have returned to a state of homeostasis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home