Thursday, October 07, 2004

Bringing Up Baby

The wife and I have had quite the fun baby experiences over the last few days. This weekend while I was on staff retreat, my preganat wife moved all of the furniture out of our middle bedroom! We then had the painters in on Tuesday and Wednesday to paint the middle bedroom a nice light blue color, as the room is going to become our new baby's room in March when it arrives.

Then, last night the wife and I got to experience the joy of building our baby's crib. I would like to tell you that I hand carved the crib from a solid piece of oak, but, the reality is that I have no useful skills. Luckily the Graco company has many fine cribs available, and we selected one. I lugged the boxes up to the room and expected that I would need to go buy a socket set and some cool wrenches as well, then I would truly be a man!

Before I could launch into this task, I had to watch my new favorite TV show, Lost, on ABC. This show blows my mind with its drama and slightly bizzare subject matter. It reminds me of another of my favorite shows, Carnivale, on HBO.

At any rate, I finished watching the show and came back to the room to find that Mrs. IWG had opened up all of the boxes and had half the crib assembled already! To my surprise and delight, the crib was very easy to assemble, and the crib came with many small Allen Wrenches and regular wrenches needed to assemble it. So the wife and I had a good time finishing the assembly of the crib and putting it in the place designated for it. We then got out our baby bedding and got the crib ready for an occupant. This of course caused Mrs. IWG to burst into tears of happiness! We shared some hugs and I laughed at her for crying. She was able to get me back later as I watched the end of Field of Dreams on TNT, and got teary as I always do at that movie! All in all a great night, and a monumental step in getting ready for Baby IWG.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home