Thursday, April 07, 2005

The Long Winter Begins

For college basketball fans, winter is not the time when the snow falls. It is not the time when the winds howl in from the North leaving everything desolate and bare. No, our winter lasts from early April until early November...the long dry spell in between college basketball seasons.

Pat Forde at ESPN writes about missing this season, one of the best ever. I also am feeling the emptiness of having no more games to look forward too. No more upsets to delight in. Seven months of nothing but baseball....yuck. Don't get me wrong, I like baseball and follow the White Sox really closely, but there is very little drama to me in a protracted 9 inning ordeal where most of the folks just stand around for the game.

Oh well, at least it will only be until August when football starts again.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude, all this talk about emptiness and how you have nothing to look forward to is just baloney. didn't you and your wife just have a baby??? i haven't heard one word about max in the past week with all the basketball hoopla. i hope erin didn't see the part about the best day of your life being when you were at the game on monday!! :)

9:04 AM  
Blogger GT said...

Oh, Mrs. IWG knows what Monday meant to me!!! She was the one that was authorizing big money spending for tickets. I get to see my wife and baby everyday, my priorites are sound!

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home